Friday, July 22, 2011

Update


So today is 1 week from my first treatment and I figured I would let everyone know how tings are going....


The first couple of days all I did was sleep, Jared was amazing playing Mr. Mom while I lounged around and did nothing. Don't get em wrong I would have rather been chasing Logan and doing laundry then feeling like I was completely wiped and could do nothing. I just have to come the the realization that this is how my life is going to be for a little while and let Jared do things for this family.


As the week progressed I started feeling better, I still feel like I am tired but the more I get out and do things the better I feel. Jared went to work on Monday and the morning was hard for me. By the afternoon I had found a new attitude and realized I CAN do this and I am going to do this. I think this week has been an emotional adjustment for me. Just understanding that this is going to be the new me for the next 6 months is hard. Unloading and loading the dishwasher while making sure the kids are taken care of for the day was a big accomplishment for me this week. Things only get better with time and I am slowly wrapping my mind around what I am going through.


This is one person that is going to get me through, just watching the joy he has for life and the love he has for me. I have learned this week to enjoy just being at home with Logan and immersing my self in his world for moments at a time to make him feel important. He was so cute the weekend I had my chemo and was sleeping a lot he kept asking Jared "mommy okay daddy?" and every time he went by me on the couch sleeping he would stop and give me a kiss. He loves me so much and that isn't going to change even if I am too tired to play or take him all the places he loves to go. His sweet spirit will get me through this and give me the strength I need.
This little angel has grown so fast...she is the easy one to take care of all you have to do is feed her, change her diaper, and talk to her. Let me tell you though she has been a blessing. She already sleeps through the night. Her last feeding is at 10:30 and she sleeps until 7:00am. I know that I wouldn't have been able to handle getting up with her several times a night and Jared would have been exhausted getting up with her, then going to work and coming home to do it all over again. I know our Heavenly Father knows what we need in time of struggle and he has sent us the most perfect angel to keep us going and reminding us how precious life is. I am so lucky to have had her and wouldn't change it for the world.


There aren't enough word to explain the support Jared has been. He has cooked dinner, taken care of Logan and Jaycee and worked. When we said "I Do" neither one of us imagined the turn our lives would take. He has not complained at all. He is there to make sure I am comfortable and taken care of. He is my rock and I am not sure I would make it through with out him. He has held me up when I am to weak to stand on my own and he has been here for this family in every way that I am unable to be at this time. I know everyone says family is important but some times I think we take it for granted until we go through something like this. These 3 wonderful people are going to be what push me to get better everyday and stay strong until the end. I am not only fighting for myself but fighting to remain a part of this beautiful family. The are my world and I love them so much. So thanks to them for all that they do for me.






xoxo, Jenna







2 comments:

The Mayhews said...

wow, you are amazing Jenna! And what a beautiful family you have!

Sue Tucker said...

Jenna,
You and your family are such an inspiration to me and my family. You have always been so precious to me. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family daily.

Love,
Aunt Susie