Friday, August 5, 2011

Buzzed is Beautiful???

So I FINALLY did it. I SHAVED my head (well actually Jared did). It is funny I thought as soon as my hair starts to fall out I am done it is all coming off. Well my hair officially started to fall out last Thursday and it took me until last night to break down and shave it. I went online to read what other people had done to sway me one way or another. Nothing helped I realized that this was going to have to be my decision...yikes (why do the tough ones always have to be my choice?).


Last night I went on line and googled pictures of girls with shaved heads, I found one of Natalie Portman with a shaved head (link I viewed http://www.shaving-guide.com/female-head-shaving.html) I went and got Jared and said I want to look like this. Now for those of you who don't know I have very thick hair so we started by cutting as much off as we could first and then shaved it off. I have to admit I wasn't as sad to see it go as I thought I would be. I guess I knew this was one thing during chemotherapy that was going to happen so I had already come to terms with it :)


I was really concerned with what Logan was going to think. I was afraid he was going to tell me he wanted me to put it back. Logan woke up from sleeping while Jared was vacuuming the carpet. Jared told Logan that we had to give mommy a hair cut. Then brought him to see me. Logan pointed at my head laughed and said "that's funny". That was it he didn't even miss a beat, I was and still am the same to him. This made it so much easier for me to deal with, I am the same person, just a little less hair ;)



All cut off and ready to shave!!! I shed a few tears at this point. I told Jared this will be the one and only time he could shave my head. His response was good I never want to do this again.


The shaved head!!!


xoxo, Jenna








9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. Amanda and I both think you look darling, I would even say sexy ;) Way to go girl! So I am looking forward to you needing me when my kiddos abandon me for school :} Okay?
Love,
Karen

Jessica said...

Aw, Jenna, you are so cool. And I think you look great! Really! A shaved head can be very sexy, especially with lots of eye makeup. Your head is perfect for shaving...so symmetrical and petite. Not all of us have such a perfect head. And how dreamy not to have to do your hair for a while.

Elise and Danny Neilsen said...

Jenna, You are Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! I love you with all my heart. you are a true inspiration!

Mary Jeane said...

You are as beautiful as ever!

Anonymous said...

Jenna,
You ARE beautiful! Most importantly inside and out! Love and pray for you always! Leslie

Swift Family said...

Jenna you are truly amazing, we love you so much!!! Can't wait to see you guys :)

jared & amber said...

You are so awesome! I am truely amazed by you!!!

Unknown said...

My beautiful little girl. You look amazing! Love, Mom

Sue Tucker said...

You are the cutest no matter what. Thank you so much for setting up the blog so we can be a part of your life even though so many miles separate us. You have such a beautiful family. We love you and you are in our prayers daily.
Love,
Aunt Susie